This cake is saturated, citrusy and extremely nourishing to make and eat. It’s easy to make and you can have it on guest arrival and for home parties.
For Cake: For Syrup:
- 250g ricotta 1. 70g sugar
- 150g Plain flour 2. Juice of 3 small lemons
- 200ml olive oil
- 100g ground almonds For the glaze (optional)
- 200g pinch of salt 1. 250g icing sugar
- 4 eggs 2. 30-40 ml lemon juice
- 2tsp baking powder
- Zest of 3 lemons
A 23cm cake tin, greased with butter
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4. Put all the cake ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth batter. Alternatively, whisk everything together starting with the ricotta and olive oil to stop lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and lay out it evenly. Bake until risen and golden, 40-45 mins. Put a skewer or spaghetti strand to check it’s done. Allow the cake to cool while you make the syrup.
- Melt the sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan and simmer for a few minutes until it turns syrupy. Pour the syrup over the cake. Leave to cool completely before turning it out onto a serving plate.
To make the glaze: Put the icing sugar in a bowl. Ad 30 ml of the lemon juice and mix thoroughly, adding more juice if you like. Drop the glaze over the cake.
Decoration: Put some crushed or chopped almonds on it and garnish it with some fruits and lemon slices.
Article Writer: Amarbeer Kaur
Editorial Assistant: Abhishek Khanpara
Editor in Chief: Jumana N Mohamed
Publisher: Supankan K.